Hiking on the sun plateau
Feuerkogel, the hiking mountain
Hiking surrounded by the most beautiful views, high up on the Feuerkogel. Enjoy this experience during your holidays in the Salzkammergut! A varied hiking paradise will await you at 1,600 metres above sea level.
Feuerkogel in Salzkammergut
- Viewing platform Alberfeldkogel – Europe cross – approx. 1 hour
- Mountain station – karst & dolines adventure trail – approx. 1.5 hours
- Viewing platform Helmeskogel – approx. 1 hour
- Riederhütte – approx. 2 hours
- Circular trail – Edeltal valley, Alberfeldkogel – approx. 2 hours
- Großer Höllkogel – approx 2.5 hours
- Helmeskogel – Spitzalm – Langwies – approx. 5 hours
- Across the Höllengebirge – approx. 7 hours
- Ascent/descent Feuerkogel – approx. 3 hours
Upper Austria’s sunniest summit – stunning!
The gate to the Höllengebirge
The Höllengebirge lies between Lake Traunsee and Lake Attersee and some use the Feuerkogel as a starting point for crossing the Höllengebirge. An adventure of several hours which is only for very fit hikers but will be a great accomplishment when the destination is reached.
Hiking with children
Even families with children will get their money’s worth on the Feuerkogel. We recommend you to take a back carrier with you so that you can carry the little ones if necessary. Not all trails are suitable for buggies/prams! Good footwear, a second set of clothes, sun screen and rain gear belong to the absolute musts if you go for a tour in the mountains. More tips: Don’t let your family hike get boring! Boulders, viewing platforms and huts are very popular with children and will keep the motivation up. Little games or hiking songs will give boredom no chance. But it has little chance anyway if you concentrate on nature and its discoveries. A highlight is the karst & dolines trail with a mountain pine labyrinth which families should not miss during their hiking holidays.
Vacation at the Berggasthof