Chronicle of the mountain inn
The hosts introduce themselves
Like most great stories, the story of Edelweiss Berggasthof begins small. Read for yourself what happened since the beginnings.
the then “most daring cable car” to the Feuerkogel mountain was opened
Alois & Maria Neubacher took over the Naturfreunde house and later the Christophorus hut – which they called “Edelweiss” already back then
Europe’s second ski lift was built on the Feuerkogel
The Neubacher family (5 children) began to build the Edelweiss house
1953, 15 August
opening with 8 rooms and 4 dormitories
handover to his son Günther “Gisi” and his wife Christine – the parents of today’s landlord
first extension (the first rooms with shower and toilet on the mountain)
new construction of the Feuerkogel cable car
second extension and preliminary completion of the house with panoramic dining room and further comfort rooms
handover to Alexander & Christine
reconstruction (renovation of the rooms, heating, sanitary facilities)
birth of Paul
birth of Vincent
opening of East Austria’s highest wine cellar
modernisation of the kitchen with induction stove instead of wooden stove
2009 to 2012:
the suites and our alpine parlour for lovers were built
expansion of the ski region, the long-desired supply road is built
the panoramic dining room is turned into the Kaisersaal with adjacent Traunsee parlour which is perfectly suited for seminars
a large number of the rooms are being spruced up and remodelled By the way: The Edelweiss is the only house on the Feuerkogel which only has rooms with shower & toilet, SatTV and WiFi.
a storm partly unroofs the building. The new roof was built totally new and storm-safe.
We also want to make our contribution to sustaining the environment and erect a photovoltaic system which supplies our house with green power.
– the wine cellar will be expanded – we can’t wait to see which ideas the mountain landlord will come up with …
Vacation at the Berggasthof